Orange: 714-456-3333 / Irvine: 949-824-3434
200 S. Manchester Ave. Orange, CA 92868
Audio Video Support Overview
This document will provide an overview of UC Irvine Health Information Services support for Audio Video and Teleconference events at the Medical Center and the UC Irvine Campus.
Purchase, Installation, and Configuration of New Equipment
- HIS will assist departments with the acquisition, installation, and configuration of new Audio/Video and Teleconferencing equipment. Depending on the request, HIS will engage 3rd party vendors to assist with the product selection and configuration.
- All costs associated with the purchase will be the responsibility of the requesting department.
Support for Audio/Video & Teleconferencing Equipment
- HIS will provide first level and triage support for any audio/video & teleconferencing equipment purchased through HIS. Depending on the nature of the issue, a 3rd party vendor may be required for resolution.
- All costs associated with equipment repair will be the responsibility of the department that owns the equipment. Prior to any incursion of costs, HIS will receive approval from the department.
On-Site Meeting Support
On-Site Meeting Support
- HIS will provide one training session to each group using audio/video or teleconferencing equipment. It is the responsibility of the department hosting the meeting to identify a super user (or group of super users) to receive this training. There will be no charge for the first training. Additional trainings may incur a charge. The training session will include the following:
- How to turn-on and prepare the room for use.
- How to switch inputs, push content, make teleconferencing calls, and adjust audio levels.
- How to perform very simple troubleshooting tasks
- HIS can provide a resource for the duration of a meeting at the cost of $55/hour per technician.
- Requests for support over 4 hours, or outside normal business hours, must be submitted at least two weeks in advance and pricing may vary depending on the nature of the request. A 3rd party vendor may be engaged to fulfil special requests.
- All meeting support requests and trainings need to be submitted via a ticket no less than 1 week prior to the event. Requests with less than a week notice may not be fulfilled.
- All room requests must go through the room's owner, and will not be coordinated by IS.
- All cancellation of support requests require at least 24 hours notice, otherwise, the hourly rate will still be charged.
To Request Support
To initiate any of the above requests please submit a ticket here or contact the service desk at 714-456-3333.