Exporting UCI Health Email Contacts
If you are transitioning email contacts from a UCI Health’s email account to a personal account, this guide can assist you through your transition.
Before reporting suspicious emails
Please review any email carefully before you click on the Report Suspicious button. Here are a few tips for spotting phishing emails:
- Don’t trust the display name – A favorite phishing tactic among cyber criminals is to fake the “From” name in an email to try to fool you.
- Check for spelling mistakes – Legitimate messages from companies should not have major spelling mistakes or poor grammar.
- Beware of urgent or threatening language in the subject line – Invoking a sense of urgency or fear is a common phishing tactic. Always be suspicious of subject lines claiming your “account has been suspended” or your account had an “unauthorized login attempt.”
- Don’t open attachments – Phishing emails often include attachments that contain viruses and malicious software, known as malware. Attackers can use malware to damage files on your computer, spy on you, steal your passwords, and more. Don’t open any email attachments you aren’t expecting.
- Don't click on links: If you receive an email with a suspicious link, don't click on it.