What other features are available to manage my account?
The Manage My Account link gives access to a separate web interface that will allow you to manage your Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists, change the preferred language interface for your Digest, and adjust Digest preferences.
To access these features, click the Manage My Account link in the Digest. A separate browser window pops up on your screen and your personalized account management page will load in this window. You do not need to authenticate to your account management page because a secure code is generated in your personalized Digest that ensures that only you have access to change your settings.
You have the following options to choose from in your account management page. Click the name of the option in the left navigation pane:
- Profile – controls Digest settings and language preferences.
- Lists – provides tools to manage personal Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists.
Profile option to manage my account
The Profile option displays a My Settings view and the Save, Request Digest, and Refresh links.
- Save – saves your settings each time you make any changes.
- Request Digest – sends you an updated Digest
- Refresh – refreshes the view.
- Send digest with new messages – this is the default setting. You will only receive a Digest when you have new messages in the Quarantine
- Send digest even when I have no new messages – this choice will send you a Digest whether or not you have new messages in the Quarantine. If there are no new messages, you will receive an empty Digest.
- Preferred Language – you can select a language from the drop-down list. This is the language that displays in your Digest and in your Manage My Account browser window.
- What type of spam detection do you want? – you can select a spam policy from the listed choices. The policies determine how you want your email filtered for spam.
Lists option to manage my account
The Lists option displays the Safe Senders List and Blocked Senders List views where you can manage your personal lists of safe senders and blocked senders. The spam detection technology provided by Proofpoint’s adaptive machine-learning engine is highly accurate and you are not required to add entries to your Safe Senders or Blocked Senders lists. This feature is available to you if want to create your own personal lists.
Click Safe Senders List or Blocked Senders List in the left navigation pane to choose the list you want to manage.
- New – provides a text field so you can add an email address or domain to your list.
- Edit – lets you make changes to an address already on your list. You need to first select (click the check box) for the address you want to change.
- Delete – deletes the selected address from the list.
- Select All – selects all of the addresses on the list.
- Unselect All – un-selects all of the selected addresses on the list.
- Request Digest – sends you an updated Digest.
- Refresh – refreshes the view.
Safe Senders List:
Email sent from addresses or domains on the Safe Senders List will not be filtered for spam, but will be filtered for viruses.
Blocked Senders List:
Email sent from addresses or domains on the Blocked Senders List will automatically be discarded so that you will not receive future emails from them. Note: if a spam message does make it through to your inbox, you should not add that email address to your Blocked Senders List since spammers rarely use the same email address twice.