Access Web Application
What is the Web Application?
The Web Application allows you to view your quarantined messages and manage your account using a web browser. Instead of waiting for a Digest in your inbox, you can log in any time to your account and release messages from the Quarantine, manage your profile settings, or manage your Safe Senders and Blocked Senders list.
To logon to the Proofpoint Web Application portal go to:
Once you enter the URL into a browser you will be required to provide your login and password to access your profile and your quarantined messages. Use the same login and password that you use for your inbox.
If you see messages about certificates pop up, just click OK to continue.
Your view to the Web Application
The first view you see is My Profile, where you can change My Settings and manage your Account. On the My Settings page, you can make choices for your preferred language, whether or not you want to receive an empty Digest, and which spam policy you want applied to your email messages.
The left side displays links for each of the tasks you can complete in the browser:
- Profile – You can change your preferences on the Settings page and view your email aliases on the Account page.
- Lists – Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists.
- Quarantine – contains a list of your messages in the Quarantine.
Click Account under Profile on the left side to view your email aliases. You cannot make any changes to this page.
Click Lists on the left side to view your Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists.
To add a Safe Sender to your list:
- Click Safe Senders List on the left side.
- Click New on the top of the page.
- Enter an email address into the field.
- Click Save.
Follow the same procedure to add entries to your Blocked Senders list.
Click Quarantine on the left side to view your messages in the Quarantine. This page displays messages addressed to you that were classified as spam and are sitting in the Quarantine.
You can apply several actions to the messages on this page. To select one or more messages, select the check box next to the message before you apply the action.
- Logout – logs you out of your Proofpoint profile and closes your session.
- Select All – selects all of the messages so that you can apply the action to all of the displayed messages. (For example, you may have 100 messages in the Quarantine, but only 20 are displayed. The action applies to the displayed messages.)
- Unselect All – unselects all of the selected messages
- Request Digest – sends an updated Digest to your email inbox.
- Find – displays the fields to search for a specific message using search criteria such as who sent the message, the subject line, or the age of the message.
- Refresh – refreshes the view on the page. For example, if any new messages have been added to the Quarantine while you had the browser open, they will be added to the list.
- Delete – deletes the selected messages from the Quarantine.
- Safelist – adds the sender of the selected message to your Safe Senders list.
- Not Spam – reports the message as a false-positive, and in the future, messages like this one will not be classified as spam.
- Release – releases the message to your inbox.
Not everyone will have messages in the Audit view. Your system administrator decides who will be auditing messages. Auditing messages sends information back to your system administrators so that they can improve the email filtering process for your organization.
Two additional actions are available in the Audit view:
- Report Spam – this is a message that was not classified as spam, but it is indeed spam. It is a false negative. Future messages with these characteristics will be classified as spam.
- Report Phish – this is a message that was sent by someone trying to (illegally) collect information about you. Typically, email messages like this one ask for credit card information or bank account information.