Mac Mail: Change Password
Automatically Update your Password
- If you recently changed your password in HS, you will see the Enter Password prompt the next time you open Outlook.
Enter your new password, then click OK
- This will update your password in Outlook and in your Keychain App if the checkbox is checked. No further action is needed.
Manually Update your Password
- Then you must change your Account Settings to remember the updated password. Go to the Mail menu and select Preferences.
- Select Accounts, then type in your new password.
- On Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) click on the drop down arrows.
- Select Edit SMTP Server List...
- Click on the Advanced tab, then type in your new password.
- Click OK.
- When you close out of the Account Box, it will prompt you to save changes: click Save.